light-bulb-1246043_1

The Concept

Maharashtra, with a registered growth of 12% for the FY 2014-15, is the biggest state economy within India. This growth can be attributed to 30% of the state that attracts investment from foreign capital and offers skilled labor and innovation. The remaining 70% of the state has a growth potential that is waiting to be realized.

This potential can be realized by creating an enabling infrastructure such as a state-of-the-art transportation network that connects ten districts directly to Mumbai and fourteen other districts through a feeder network. It also proposes developing Krushi Samruddhi Nagar, or new towns along the Mahamarg.
timothy-tan-lhxQKdksvRw-unsplash_1

Hindu Hrudaysamrat Balasaheb Thackeray Maharashtra Samruddhi Mahamarg includes

  • Nagpur Mumbai Hindu Hrudaysamrat Balasaheb Thackeray Maharashtra Samruddhi Mahamarg, connecting JNPT in Mumbai and MIHAN in Nagpur.
  • A feeder network, linking 14 neighbouring districts to this expressway and is extra.
  • Twenty plus Krushi Samruddhi Nagar (new towns), equipped with modern amenities, agro based industries and a commercial hub will be developed at the intersections.

Highlights of Hindu Hrudaysamrat Balasaheb Thackeray Maharashtra Samruddhi Mahamarg

  • Hindu Hrudaysamrat Balasaheb Thackeray Maharashtra Samruddhi Mahamarg will be an entirely Greenfield project.
  • It will enable commuters to cover the distance between Nagpur and Mumbai in eight hours and transporters in 16 hours.
  • Twenty-four of the thirty-six districts in Maharashtra will be connected through this fast-track network.
  • This Hindu Hrudaysamrat Balasaheb Thackeray Maharashtra Samruddhi Mahamarg will traverse around 392 villages from twenty-six talukas in ten districts, covering five of the state’s six revenue divisions.
  • Nineteen plus new towns (Krishi Samruddhi Nagar), equipped with modern amenities, agro-based industries and a commercial hub will be developed along the Mahamarg.

  • The hinterland of Maharashtra will be connected to the port in Mumbai and multi-modal cargo hub in Nagpur.
  • The land required will be pooled from landowners by using a special scheme - the land pooling scheme. The proposed Krushi Samruddhi Nagar will also be developed under the same scheme.

Major decisions taken by Government of Maharashtra

  • Maharashtra State Road Development Corporation (MSRDC) will be the implementing agency for this project.
  • MSRDC will act as the New Town Development Authority (NTDA) for the development of Krushi Samruddhi Nagar (new towns) that will be developed along the expressway.
  • Convergence of various welfare schemes by concerned departments of the state government will be undertaken in the proposed new towns
  • Convergence of various welfare schemes by concerned departments of the state government will be undertaken in the proposed new towns