The Concept

The Concept

Maharashtra, with a registered growth of 12% for the FY 2014-15, is the biggest state economy within India. This growth can be attributed to 30% of the state that attracts investment from foreign capital and offers skilled labour and innovation. The remaining 70% of the state has a growth potential that is waiting to be realised.

This potential can be realized by creating an enabling infrastructure such as a state-of-the-art transportation network that connects ten districts directly to Mumbai and fourteen other districts through a feeder network. It also proposes developing Krushi Samruddhi Kendra, or new towns along the Mahamarg.

 

Maharashtra Samruddhi Mahamarg includes,

The Nagpur Mumbai Super Communication Expressway, connecting JNPT in Mumbai and MIHAN in Nagpur;

A feeder network, linking 14 neighbouring districts to this expressway; and

Twenty plus Krushi Samruddhi Kendra (new towns), equipped with modern amenities, agro based industries and a commercial hub will be developed at the intersections.

Samruddhi mahamarg concept

Highlights of Maharashtra Samruddhi Mahamarg

Maharashtra Samruddhi Mahamarg will be an entirely Greenfield project.

It will enable commuters to cover the distance between Nagpur and Mumbai in eight hours and transporters in 16 hours.

Twenty-four of the thirty-six districts in Maharashtra will be connected through this fast-track network.

This super communication expressway will traverse around 392 villages from twenty-six talukas in ten districts, covering five of the state’s six revenue divisions.

Twenty plus new towns (Krishi Samruddhi Kendra), equipped with modern amenities, agro-based industries and a commercial hub will be developed along the Mahamarg.

The hinterland of Maharashtra will be connected to the port in Mumbai and multi-modal cargo hub in Nagpur.

The land required will be pooled from landowners by using a special scheme - the land pooling scheme. The proposed Krushi Samruddhi Kendra will also be developed under the same scheme.

Major decisions taken by Government of Maharashtra

01Maharashtra State Road Development Corporation (MSRDC) will be the implementing agency for this project.

02MSRDC will act as the New Town Development Authority (NTDA) for the development of Krushi Samruddhi Kendra (new towns) that will be developed along the expressway.

03Convergence of various welfare schemes by concerned departments of the state government will be undertaken in the proposed new towns.

Samruddhi mahamarg greenfield project

Maharashtra Samruddhi Mahamarg

Maharashtra Samruddhi Mahamarg aims at providing an impetus to the overall development of rural areas by attracting domestic and foreign investments.

About Project

Get in touch

  • Maharashtra State Road Development Corporation Ltd
    Napean Sea Road, Priyadarshini Park,
    Mumbai 400 036, Maharashtra, India.
  • 91 22 23685909,
    91 22 26517900,
    Fax: 91 22 26417893.
  • info@msrdc.org